By Kaitlan Collins | CNN
A federal judge has asked former President Donald Trump’s attorneys to turn over the names of the individuals hired to search four properties for documents late last year, a source familiar with the order told CNN.
The names were handed over Wednesday night, two sources told CNN.
Trump’s legal team hired two individuals to search Trump Tower in New York, the Bedminster golf club, an office location in Florida, and a storage unit in Florida where ultimately two documents with classified markings were found, CNN has previously reported.
The Justice Department had removed 11 sets of classified documents from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence while executing a search warrant in August for possible violations of the Espionage Act and other crimes.
The four searches overseen by Trump’s legal team came amid lingering concerns from the Justice Department that not all documents had been returned to the federal government.
At the time, Trump’s attorneys had offered to let federal investigators observe the search at his Bedminster property, but that offer was declined. Given the Justice Department’s response, Trump lawyers did not make a similar offer for the search of the other properties.
The New York Times first reported the development.
This is a breaking story and will be updated.